Commenting is deactivated.
Please post all new topics and queries to the
Two vases (one big and one small)
Hi peter again,
We will ask you for two vases this time.
First (Larger) Vase
Here are the comments from my boss (until the end of code):
Decorative Hand Drawing
1. 2 big rust spots (A)
2. hairlines and cracks at the bottom parts of the vase near the base (B)
3. a rust spot, about 7-8 o’clock from (A). we will call it “(C)”
4. a small point of graze contraction, 9 o’clock (180 to the left of) from (C). we will call it “(D)”. Not shown/cannot be seen in the pictures.
5. 2 big glaze contraction points under the neck, easily seen. Cannot be photographed since they are inside.
6. the top rim is not level
7. the body is slightly declined
8. hands-on-inspection might indicate that grazing is thicker and not even at the bottom part of the vase which show old styles of grazing techniques were used.
9. no obvious fake signs can be found
We think it as old but it can be a wild estimation.
Second (Smaller) Vase
What do you think about them (age, authenticity, etc)? This first one is ours and the second is the one my boss is gonna purchase. Would you advise against purchasing it? (It would be better if you can answer quickly about it first since your answer could affect our decision. However, if you do not have time, please do not worry about it).
Thanks as always...