Commenting is deactivated.

Please post all new topics and queries to the
Discussion Forum

temple vase

I bought a temple vase about 15 years ago at an antique show, I was told by the dealer that it was a temple vase and that he got it through an estate sale and that he had it for at least 30 years, the vase is 24 1/2 inches tall and 16 inches wide, it has a green glaze and dragons on both sides, I paid $800.00 then, I have not been able to find anything like it sense then to compare, I would appreciate any info, thank you

Comments for temple vase

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 26, 2011
thank you peter.
by: Anonymous

I will try the web page that you gave and go from there. I do have a lot of Chinese porcelain and will show more photos, thanks again.

Jan 09, 2011
temple jar
by: peter

I'm afraid I don't know much about pottery, but I would like to clarify a few things.
What is a temple vase? I am not sure...but there is something that is called a 'temple jar' in English. You will find a definition in the glossary.

If you do an image search on Google using this Chinese term "將軍罐" (just copy the part within the quotation marks), you will find a lot of pictures of temple jars.
Your item has indeed a shape like those, without the lid. If it never had one, I doubt it can be called a temple jar. I never saw one in pottery form, though. They usually come as porcelain.
I would recommend to try Maybe they have someone on their forum who knows more about this type of pottery jar.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Ask a question or contribute - archived 2011.

search by keyword