Commenting is deactivated.
Please post all new topics and queries to the
Pls Help date a Cup in a Painting
I have a painting of this cup and would like to be able to date it. Questions:
1. What time period/dynasty can it belong to?
2. Is this a bamboo motif, and is that common? I am not finding similar ones anywhere.
3. Why is the cup marked with red stamps on the side of it? Is that typical? Would it more likely be that the painter added them?
4. Any possibility to read what the signs say? Are they in chinese?
5. What is the purpose of this cup? Is this a tea cup? food bowl? or incense burner?
Thank you for any help!